Archisketch is a scale-aware sketching program that’s ideal for architects, interior and landscape designers, product designers, design students, or anyone who does design work on an iPad.
Archisketch updates the traditional technique of sketching on a tracing pad and transfers it to sketching on an iPad. The app allows architects and designers to visualize, capture and explore their ideas using layers, symbols, colours, dimension guidelines, 2D grids, isometric and axonometric 3D grids, and even smart one- and two-point 3D perspective. When finished, drawings (up to A1 in size) can be printed to scale directly from the iPad, or exported to PDF, which can be included in a CAD application, or uploaded to Adobe Creative Cloud.
How to Enter
If you are not an Archisketch user, you can still participate in the competition by becoming a beta tester. This not only gives you full access to Archisketch and allows you to submit to the "Archisketch Drawing Contest", but it also lets you use the application’s upcoming drawing features in your submissions. To register as a beta tester, please complete the form below, but remember, Archisketch is only available for the iPad.
All entries must be submitted directly from within the Archisketch app as follows:
- Go to the Share Screen of your drawing.
- Set the paper size to A4.
- In the Share menu, select "Submit Drawing to Archisketch Drawing Contest".
- Complete the information in the dialogue box that opens. Your details are saved to the device for subsequent submissions.
- Press "Submit".
Once the work has been submitted and Open Screen Limited has assessed that the entry does not break any of the competition rules as defined above, it becomes valid, and is made available to the judges for their assessment.
- By submitting your work you agree that Open Screen Limited may use your submission(s), fully credited, for promotional purposes on their websites and/or as marketing collateral. Open Screen Limited also reserves the right to make the work available to other third party organisations in association with Archisketch or Archisketch Drawing Contest as it sees fit. You retain all copyrights to your work.
- As a condition of receiving a Prize, winners grant Open Screen Limited the right to use their full name (first and last), image and likeness, voice, and comments for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without territorial, time or use limitations, including without limitation online announcements, and without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
- The submitted work must have been produced predominantly using the Archisketch app.
- Open Screen limited also reserves the right to disqualify an entry for the following reasons:
- The content of the work is inappropriate.
- The work is not of a high enough standard to be included in the competition.
- Each entrant can submit multiple works, and as each work is assessed on its individual merits, entrants can win multiple prizes.
- By submitting work to the Contest, entrants agree to release Open Screen Limited, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their employees, representatives, agents, partners, shareholders, officers, and directors from all liability including responsibility for any loss, damage or injury, caused by their participation or their attempt to participate in the Contest or resulting from acceptance of the Prize or participation in the Event.
- Open Screen Limited reserves the right at all times, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant agrees to prepare a short description of the submission to be used in conjunction with the work, if deemed necessary.
- Any work submitted will be disqualified if it is displayed on any web or social media pages prior to the end of the competition and the public announcements of the winning entries.
The judges and the judging process
Reza Farhad - Founder of Open Screen Limited and the main developer of Archisketch.
Pierre Baillargeon - Cofounder of Mixity Design Ltd: Architecture, Master Planning & Interior Design
Kevin Akey - Principle at AZD Associates . Architects
Ahmad Sardar - Founder Sardar Design Studio
Sophie Amini - Artistic director at Pooky.com
Other Judges to be announced
The judges independently select their winning entries, which are then amalgamated into the final result. In the event of any discrepancies, Open Screen Limited reserves the right to make the final decision, which is not open to dispute or question and is binding.
The following prizes will be awarded:
1 x 1st place $1000
2 x 2nd place $500 each
3 x 3rd place $150 each
5 x Special mention $20 each
Winning entrants will be contacted by email and the prizes will be transferred to the PayPal accounts associated with their emails.
- Competition opens for submissions - late January 2018
- Closing date - 28th of February 2018 - Midnight GMT (The submission form will become unavailable from within Archisketch app)
- Notification of winners - Early March 2018
- Announcement of winners and awarding of prizes - Late March 2018
For any questions or additional information, please contact us by email